A fine body
I HAD the note in my diary: Constable Hall, East Bergholt, 7.30pm.
What could it be?
One colleague suggested it might be a blood donor session. Another, interestingly, suggested I might have been booked to address a meeting of the Constable Country swingers. Neither rang a bell. (Insert your own joke here).
It was probably a Women’s Institute, I decided. They like Wednesdays.
Having failed to make a proper note of the occasion, I was relieved to find it was indeed a WI get-together and especially thrilled that they had put on a vast spread of sandwiches and home-baked cakes
You may also want to watch:
What could be better than spending an evening in the heart of beauteous East Anglia with an egg sandwich, a large slice of victoria sponge and a fine body of women?
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents