A third man has died following a crash in Braintree last weekend
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A third man involved in a crash which claimed the lives of two people at the scene has died in hospital.
The crash happened in Gosfield Road, Braintree, just before 5pm on Sunday December 7.
It involved a blue Ford Fiesta and a a blue Volkswagen Polo.
The Polo driver, a man in his 20s from Gosfield, was airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in a critical condition following the crash.
Essex Police has now confirmed he died last night.
You may also want to watch:
The Fiesta driver, David Bradley, 30, of Beckers Green Road, Braintree, along with James Simmons, 18, of Hillside Gardens, Braintree, who was a rear seat passenger in the Polo, both died in the crash.
Officers are still keen to hear from any witnesses to the collision, or from anyone who saw the Fiesta before the crash.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Anyone with information should contact the investigation team on 101 or email email@example.com.