A11 re-opens after tanker carrying 22,000 litres of milk overturned
- Credit: Archant
A milk tanker has rolled down an embankment on the southbound A11 at Elveden.
Emergency services were called to the scene, on the new stretch of road, at 2.53am today.
None of the 22,000 litres of milk inside the tanker has spilled out.
The tanker driver suffered minor injuries.
A car was also involved in the incident but was not majorly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England closed the road southbound and put in place a diversion for several hours while work took place at the scene.
The milk had to be decanted from the lorry to prevent any future leakage before the tanker could be righted and recovered by a crane.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The road re-opened to traffic shortly before 3pm.