Serious lorry crash closes major Suffolk road for rush hour
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A serious lorry crash has closed one carriageway of a busy Suffolk road while police investigate the scene.
The A11 northbound carriageway, between Mildenhall and Red Lodge, is closed while police and paramedics attend the site of an accident involving a lorry.
The crash happened about 4am today, June 7, and is expected to leave the carriageway, which leads to the Five Ways roundabout, closed until at least 9.30am.
Suffolk Constabulary confirmed they are still at the scene but are not able to share any more information about the incident at this time.
The condition of the driver and any other people involved are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance service have been approached for comment.
Highways England have warned drivers about the closure, with disruption and extra journey time expected.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Road signs diverting motorists away from the crash are in place.
If travelling towards the closure on the northbound carrigeway, drivers are advised to get off the A11 at junction 38 onto the A14.
Continue on to junction 42 and take the B1106, then follow the A1101 to the A11 to reach the Five Ways roundabout.