A11: Roads closed in west of county for dualling works
- Credit: Archant
ROAD closures have been put in place as part of work to dual the last remaining single-carriageway section of the A11.
The £113million scheme will see 5.5miles of the A11, between Thetford and the Fiveways roundabout near Barton Mills, widened and a new 3.6mile bypass built around the village of Elveden.
The long-awaited work is due to be completed by December 2014.
The Highways Agency has not started construction as yet, however, as it needs to undertake some advance works in order to prepare for the main construction works. A 500metre stretch of the B1112 either side of the A11 junction has been closed for 12 to 18 months to allow construction of a new underpass beneath the A11.
The A11 has remained fully open during these works but the current junction has been closed with no access available between the B1112 and the A11.
The remainder of the B1112 from Eriswell to Icklingham is open for local access from the A1065 at Eriswell and the A1101 at Icklingham.
Traffic is being managed by diversion routes. Northbound traffic from the Fiveways roundabout to the B1106 crossroads is being directed on to the A1065 to Brandon. Local traffic only that needs to access Elveden is being directed along the A1065 to Brandon and the B1106.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
Southbound traffic is being directed from the Brandon Road roundabout, along the B1107 towards Brandon. Local traffic only can access the Fiveways roundabout from Elveden by taking the the B1106 to Brandon and the A1065.
For the A11/B1112 junction closure, traffic wishing to access the A1101 or the A1065 from the A11 are being diverted via Fiveways roundabout.