A12 fully re-opens after flooding
- Credit: Archant
The A12 re-opened on Thursday after flooding closed the road for a number of hours.
There were huge delays on the road during the morning as blocked drains led to large amounts of standing water on the road in the Bredfield and Ufford area.
Police were initially called to help deal with the scene before passing over to Suffolk Highways.
Highways were forced to close part of the road and warned it would be several hours before it would be re-opened fully.
A diversion was put in place but drivers reported long queues as they made their way through it.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways were able to fully re-open the road at 2pm.
"Both lanes are now open. Once again thank you all for your patience and please continue to travel safely," wrote Suffolk Highways on Twitter.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week