A12 closed after accident
A MAN has been taken to hospital following an accident on the A12 involving a lorry.
It happened shortly after 7.30am this morning close to Thorington, near Blythburgh.
A silver Volkswagen Golf is believed to have been in collision with a Volvo lorry.
The male driver of the Golf was cut free and taken to James Paget Hospital with a possible broken hip and ribs.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said they were not believed to be life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The A12 was closed until shortly before 10am.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches