Braintree man arrested after A12 crash causes delays at Copdock Interchange
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a two-vehicle collision near the A12/A14 Copdock Interchange this morning has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
A 24-year-old man from Braintree was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning following the incident, which caused long delays for rush-hour motorists, after being arrested by officers at the scene.
A collision involving two vehicles took place on the A12 northbound just before the A12/A14 Copdock Interchange at 7.30am.
There were no serious injuries reported at the scene, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
No other emergency services were called to the incident, the force spokesman said.
Traffic delays were reportedly stretching back down the A12 to Capel St Mary.
Recovery services arrived at 8.55am and the outside lane had been reopened by 9.05am.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 9 'It wasn't perfect... we can't rest on our laurels' - McKenna on Wimbledon win
- 10 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said; “The man has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.”