Braintree man arrested after A12 crash causes delays at Copdock Interchange
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a two-vehicle collision near the A12/A14 Copdock Interchange this morning has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
A 24-year-old man from Braintree was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning following the incident, which caused long delays for rush-hour motorists, after being arrested by officers at the scene.
A collision involving two vehicles took place on the A12 northbound just before the A12/A14 Copdock Interchange at 7.30am.
There were no serious injuries reported at the scene, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
No other emergency services were called to the incident, the force spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic delays were reportedly stretching back down the A12 to Capel St Mary.
Recovery services arrived at 8.55am and the outside lane had been reopened by 9.05am.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said; “The man has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.”