Three vehicle collision closes the A12
- Credit: Tom Potter
Three vehicles have been involved in a collision which closed part of the A12 at the start of rush hour.
Suffolk police have confirmed they now have one lane of traffic moving after they had to briefly close the southbound carriageway of the A12.
They were called at 4.30pm today to a report that the collision had happened just before the Seven Hills roundabout of the dual carriageway between the Nacton and Foxhall area.
A spokesperson for the police said that they could not confirm if any injuries had occurred but that the ambulance service were aware of the incident.
Standstill traffic is now tailing back to Martlesham Heath despite one lane being reopened.
The recovery team arrived at the incident at 6.20pm and are hoping to have both lanes open soon.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town