Three vehicle collision closes the A12
- Credit: Tom Potter
Three vehicles have been involved in a collision which closed part of the A12 at the start of rush hour.
Suffolk police have confirmed they now have one lane of traffic moving after they had to briefly close the southbound carriageway of the A12.
They were called at 4.30pm today to a report that the collision had happened just before the Seven Hills roundabout of the dual carriageway between the Nacton and Foxhall area.
A spokesperson for the police said that they could not confirm if any injuries had occurred but that the ambulance service were aware of the incident.
Standstill traffic is now tailing back to Martlesham Heath despite one lane being reopened.
You may also want to watch:
The recovery team arrived at the incident at 6.20pm and are hoping to have both lanes open soon.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots