Eight-mile traffic queue on A12
- Credit: IZZY MAGYAR
Motorists are being warned of tailbacks as far as Copdock as police deal with a crash involving a motorbike on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
Officers rushed to the scene at junction 31 of the A12, where a motorbike carrying two people was involved in a road traffic collision.
Motorists are being told to expect serious delays heading southbound between Ipswich and Colchester, as traffic was at point one backed up as far as Copdock.
The motorcyclist was treated by paramedics at the scene after being found lying in the road. He was reported to be conscious and talking, and was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further care.
The road heading southbound was reopened at 8.10am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 7.09am and dispatched one ambulance. “The motorcyclist was lying in the road, but was awake and talking. He was assessed for lower back pain and right side hip pain, and a suspected hand fracture.
“He was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further care.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k