A12 crash - man suffers serious head injuries
A PASSENGER suffered serious head and back injuries after an horrific crash on the A12 today.
A MAN suffered serious head and back injuries after the car he was in was involved in an horrific crash on the A12 today.
The 29-year-old from the Colchester area was a passenger in a white Renault Clio which lost control on the Suffolk-bound carriageway and hit the central reservation just after the Ardleigh junction at 1.50am.
The man was rushed to Colchester General Hospital before being transferred to the Royal London Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Clio - a 24-year-old woman from Ipswich - was taken to Colchester General Hospital suffering from a broken arm and other, minor, injuries.
The road was closed for several hours and traffic diverted off the A12 as police officers investigated the crash and recovered the vehicle.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Anyone who witnessed the accident should call Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762512.