A12 re-opened following crash on Suffolk-Essex border
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A12 between Ipswich and Colchester was closed as police dealt with the scene of an accident.
The crash, involving one vehicle, happened around 10am near junction 30 of the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
Debris was spread across the northbound carriageway, prompting a road closure as the scene was cleared.
Both Suffolk and Essex police were called to the scene of the crash, although Suffolk later stood down as their colleagues over the border prepared to re-open the road.
Traffic maps had shown tailbacks stretching back to the River Stour, while the B1029 to Dedham was also heavily congested.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police confirmed there were no serious injuries in the accident.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes