A120 eastbound at Wix closed due to ‘very large pothole’ as drivers complain of burst tyres
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Angry drivers have taken to social media to complain about damage caused to vehicles due to a “very large pothole” on a main Essex road.
The A120 eastbound was shut between Harwich Road and Primrose Lane in Wix on Sunday night while Highways England carried out repairs to the road.
The AA reported on its website: “Road closed and road surface in poor condition on A120 Harwich Road eastbound between Harwich Road and Primrose Lane.
“The road has been shut due to a very large pot hole in the carriageway.”
Traffic heading from Colchester towards Harwich was affected.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists on Twitter claimed vehicles had suffered damage as a result of the poor road conditions.
One user wrote: “Large pothole on the A120 towards Harwich. At least 13, yes that’s 13, cars look to be damaged by it in the dark on a short section of the A120 between Wix and Ramsey.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
Another posted: “About 10 cars pulled over with burst tires due to a pot hole on #A120 between Wix and Wrabness turnoff.”
One user tweeted that the road was an “absolute disgrace”.