Second rush-hour car crash on Suffolk roads
- Credit: Archant
Two cars have collided during the Friday evening rush-hour outside a Suffolk golf course, blocking part of the road.
Suffolk Constabulary were called to the scene of the collision outside Newton Green Golf Club on the A134 just outside Sudbury at about 4.20pm on Friday, May 10.
The cars involved - a Nissan Juke and Fiat 500 - were left still partially obstructing the road, causing traffic to build in both directions.
Firefighters and paramedics also attended the incident but it is not yet known whether there are any casualties.
The road has been closed in both directions while emergency service work at the scene.
The East of England Ambulance Service have been approached for comment.
The crash is the second during the Friday evening rush-hour in Suffolk, with four vehicles involved in a collision that blocked the westbound carriageway of the A14 near Coddenham for more than an hour and saw one person cut free from their car.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley