A14 crash causes rush-hour roadblock
- Credit: Archant
Two cars crashed during rush-hour on the A14 this morning, close to Bury St Edmunds.
According to Suffolk police, they were called to reports of a collision on the westbound carriageway of the A14, close to junction 46 at Beyton Green.
Two cars had crashed, an Alfa Romeo and a Suzuki, and caused traffic to build as far back as junction 44 at Elmswell.
Although the road was obstructed there were no reports of a closed lane because of the crash and by 9.15am the traffic had cleared.
According to AA route planner, the road was partially blocked and traffic was queueing for up to four miles, causing delays for drivers of up to 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
There were no injuries reported from the scene and no drivers or passengers trapped in their vehicles.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health