A14: Disruptions for motorists as two vehicles collide near Orwell Bridge
EMERGENCY services were called out to deal with a collision near the Orwell Bridge.
The crash took place at the eastbound carriageway at Wherstead and just before the Orwell Bridge and was reported to police at 8.22am.
A woman involved in the collision is thought to be suffering from arm injuries, but further details about the crash are yet unknown.
The incident caused tailbacks but was cleared by 9am.
The southbound carriageway of the A12 at East Bergholt has now been cleared after being completely blocked due to a collision between a van and a lorry.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place at 6.50am on the road’s junction with the B1070 – the East Bergholt turn off.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the incident was causing long tailbacks for motorists.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
No one is thought to have been seriously injured but an ambulance was sent to the scene as a precaution.
Recovery was arranged and the road was cleared.
Meanwhile, in Essex, a multi-vehicle collision is causing distupions on the A120 eastbound near Stansted Airport.
The road is blocked and there is slow moving traffic between Stansted Airport and Dunmow West in Great Dunmow.
It is thought four or five vehicles have been involved in the crash.