Road reopens after Audi rolls on A14 in Suffolk
- Credit: Su Anderson
The A14 has reopened after an accident closed one lane near Stowmarket, causing long delays.
Suffolk police were called at around 7am today to reports that an Audi A4 had rolled over on the busy road.
One lane was closed at junction 50 at Stowmarket on the eastbound carriageway and drivers reported delays of over 30 minutes.
Queues stretched back past junction 49 at Tot Hill and there were also long delays in the town, as commuters tried to avoid the incident.
A single occupant of the car has been taken to hospital with shoulder, hand and head injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The incident has happened in the same area of the A14 which was completely closed for several hours last week after a lorry shed its load over the eastbound carriageway.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed