Road reopens after Audi rolls on A14 in Suffolk
- Credit: Su Anderson
The A14 has reopened after an accident closed one lane near Stowmarket, causing long delays.
Suffolk police were called at around 7am today to reports that an Audi A4 had rolled over on the busy road.
One lane was closed at junction 50 at Stowmarket on the eastbound carriageway and drivers reported delays of over 30 minutes.
Queues stretched back past junction 49 at Tot Hill and there were also long delays in the town, as commuters tried to avoid the incident.
A single occupant of the car has been taken to hospital with shoulder, hand and head injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening.
The incident has happened in the same area of the A14 which was completely closed for several hours last week after a lorry shed its load over the eastbound carriageway.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week