A14: Man killed after car hits lorry
A man has been killed after his car hit a stationary lorry on the A14
A MAN was killed last night after the car he was driving smashed into a stationary lorry parked in a lay-by on the A14.
The incident happened on the eastbound carriageway at Stowupland, between the Haughley and Stowmarket junctions.
The driver of the car, who was the only occupant of the vehicle, died at the scene.
Four fire engines attended the incident at about 11.15pm as firefighters battled to free the man, whose car was trapped underneath the HGV.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Matthew Rose, from Suffolk police, said: “The road has been closed while the circumstances are fully investigated. Diversions are in place through Stowmarket and obviously we appeal for any witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team.”
Anyone with information should call police on 01473 613500.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo