A14 speeder caught at 111mph gets driving ban
A man caught speeding at 111 miles per hour on the A14 has been banned from the roads for a month.
Ashton Roberts, 26, was driving his Volkswagen Golf on the eastbound carriageway of the A14 on January 13 this year.
At about 9.20am Roberts, who lives in Millersdale in Harlow, Essex, was clocked breaking the 70mph speed limit as was driving close to Newmarket.
The Laser Speed Detection Device being used by police on the dual carriageway recorded Roberts hitting 111mph.
At 41mph over the speed limit he was driving too fast for any form of reduced penalty and his case was brought before Ipswich Magistrates Court on May 20, where he pleaded guilty and was convicted of speeding.
You may also want to watch:
On July 5, Roberts was handed a one-month driving ban and a £575 fine.
He was also ordered to pay a £57 victim surcharge and £100 in costs.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill