Driver arrested after 135mph police chase on A14
- Credit: NSRAPT
A car crashed on the A11 at Fulbourn last night after a 135mph police chase that took police from Suffolk over the border in to Cambridgeshire.
The chase began around 9pm after the driver allegedly failed to stop for police on the A14 at Newmarket.
The car was pursued and police were driving at speeds of up to 135mph in order to keep up with the vehicle.
The car travelled over the border into Cambridgeshire before it collided with a barrier on the A11 at Fulbourn.
Police found a section five firearm in the car, namely a can of pepper spray.
You may also want to watch:
An arrest was made at the scene on suspicion of drug-driving after a roadside breath test was failed.
Police said the person was also detained in connection with "numerous" other offences.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash