A14: Road closed after tanker crash
DRIVERS on the A14 can expect delays this afternoon after a tanker began leaking flammable liquid on the road.
The tanker had been involved in a collision with a lorry on the A14 at the Spitalls roundabout at Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, at about 12.30pm.
The road has been closed in both directions and is expected to remain so for several hours.
The tanker is currently leaking ethanol onto the carriageway and the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has set up a 200m (656ft) exclusion zone for public safety.
The A14 is closed between junction 24 for Godmanchester and junction 21 for Brampton and the incident is also affecting the A414.
You may also want to watch:
Nearby residents have been advised to stay indoors and keep doors and windows shut.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 4 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 5 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL