A140 to close over the weekend
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A140 connecting Suffolk to Norwich is to close overnight this weekend while roadworks are carried out.
The road will closed from Needham Road (B1078) until Stowmarket Road (A1120) from 7pm to 7am on both Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15.
Workers will be fitting in new studs after the roa was recently resurfaced.
Suffolk Highways had planned to conduct the works over six nights from September 9, although had to reschedule to the weekend due to emergency work being carried out by Anglian Water.
A diversion route will be in place taking drivers along the A14 to Stowupland and through to Earl Stonham via the A1120.
You may also want to watch:
The closure could cause disruption for those heading south from Norwich following the Canaries' home game against Manchester City on Saturday evening, kicking off at 5.30pm.
- 1 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 2 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases