A140 reopened after van fire
- Credit: Archant
The A140 in Suffolk was closed in both directions after a van caught fire this morning, causing heavy traffic.
Police were called to the scene in Creeting St Mary shortly before 8am this morning to a van which was ‘well alight’.
The van, in the northbound lane of the A140, had blown a tyre which is thought to have been the cause of the fire.
A full road closure was put in place by police.
The blaze was extinguished shortly after 8.30am and recovery for the van arrived at 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain