Delays expected as 44,000kg boat transported through Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
Delays are expected on Suffolk’s roads on Saturday morning as a huge 44,000kg boat is transported through the county.
The delays are expected from 9.30am, as police escort the transportation of a boat, 4.95m wide, 4.8m high, 15m long and weighing 44,000kg through the county.
The load will be escorted from Lowestoft Haven Marina, in School Road, to Southampton
The route will take the load from its originating location in School Road along the B1531 and onto the A1117.
The huge boat will then be transported onto the A146 and the A143 before joining the A146.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police advise that the boat will then move onto the A47 and then the A11 before joining the A14 at the Cambridgeshire Border.
Officers say that Norfolk Police will escort the load from Lowestoft Haven Marina to A11 Red Lodge where it will then continue with a private self escort.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 8 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
Officers from Suffolk police advise motorists that delays are expected along the advertised route.