Afternoon travel: Latest traffic update
Motorists face no major problems on the roads ahead of rush hour, with only ongoing roadworks causing delays.
No road traffic collisions were reported in the county this afternoon but drivers can expect the usual hold-ups coming in and out of congested town centre areas.
Traffic moving both ways in Magdalen Street and Barrack Street, in Colchester, is particularly heavy due to temporary traffic lights and electricity work which began yesterday at Wimpole Road.
Anyone travelling through Bury St Edmunds may come up against delays in Tayfen Road as water main work continues.
Lincoln Terrace, in Felixstowe, is closed both ways for roadworks at Garfield Road, as is The Thoroughfare, at Sun Lane, in Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
In Ipswich, Charles Street, Back Hamlet and Spring Road are all affected by ongoing maintenance and improvements, with temporary traffic lights and diversions in place.
On the rails there are similarly few delays for commuters this morning, with no major problems so far encountered by train passengers travelling in and out of the county.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches