Air ambulance called after car and lorry collide
- Credit: ESSEX AND HERTS AIR AMBULANCE NH
Firefighters freed a casualty trapped in a lorry following a serious collision near Colchester Zoo.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called shortly before 9am today following a crash between a car and a lorry on Maldon Road in Birch, just south of Colchester.
Fire crews worked with paramedics to help a casualty trapped in the lorry, who was freed by 9.45am and left in the care of the ambulance service.
An air ambulance also touched down at the scene – but it is not clear if its services were required.
PC Tom Raes, based at Stanway Roads Policing Unit, tweeted an image of the scene, adding that the clean up and recovery took “considerable time”.
“Busy shift today with Pc Bellingham,” he said.
“Attended a serious collision on Maldon Road in #Birch #Colchester along with @EastEnglandAmb @EHAAT_ @ECFRS
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 9 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
“After the casualty was taken care of the clean up and recovery took some considerable time #Fatal4 #DriveToArrive”
The condition of the casualty is not yet known.