No further action against man arrested after woman flown to hospital
- Credit: Archant
No further action will be taken against a man arrested after a critically ill woman was airlifted to hospital last month, police have revealed.
Suffolk police said that, following a thorough investigation, no further action would be taken against the man, arrested on suspicion of assault and controlling, coercive behaviour on July 22.
Police were called by the ambulance service to a property in Aldeburgh at about 8.45am after reports a woman had collapsed.
The woman, in her 40s, was flown from Aldeburgh beach to Ipswich Hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Police said the 73-year-old man’s subsequent arrest had no direct link to the woman’s hospitalisation that day.
You may also want to watch:
A constabulary spokesman added: “Following a thorough police investigation, no further action has been taken against the man who was arrested on suspicion of assault and coercive and controlling behaviour on July 22.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region