Aldeburgh: Food store reopens after £460,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in a seaside town have a new-look foodstore on their main street after the premises were given a £460,000 refurbishment.
The East of England Co-operative’s new Co-op Daily store in High Street, Aldeburgh, has more locally sourced produce, better layout and a new welcoming atmosphere to help customers feel right at home.
The Co-operative movement has had a long association with the town.
The former Leiston Industrial Co-operative Society opened the first branch on the High Street in 1885 and moved to its current premises in 1950.
This later became Ipswich Co-op, then the Ipswich and Norwich Co-op before finally becoming the East of England Co-operative which serves the town today.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Grosvenor, executive officer for retail for the East of England Co-op, said: “We are proud to be right at the heart of Aldeburgh life and we are committed to making sure that our members and customers receive the best service, range of produce and community support that we can offer.
“Our food store on the High Street and our supermarket at Saxmundham Road ensure that residents and holidaymakers can find the best local produce; something that we are incredibly proud to offer.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
“Our investment in the High Street store and investment soon in the supermarket demonstrates our commitment to making sure that we serve the community for many years to come.”