Aldeburgh, Framlingham, Halesworth and Felixstowe ready to light up for Christmas on Saturday
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Four east Suffolk towns are looking forward to a busy trading day tomorrow as they switch on their Christmas lights displays.
Aldeburgh, Framlingham, Halesworth and Felixstowe will all be celebrating with a range of activities to get people in the mood for the big event next month.
At Framlingham, Dr Dan Poulter, MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich, will do the honours of the switch-on at 6pm, when Framlingham churches will also lead a traditional season blessing.
Dr Poulter will help see in a series of festive events, including the Christmas Tree Festival, Charities Market, Fabulous Framlingham Christmas Festival and late night shopping.
Aldeburgh Business Association and Aldeburgh Music have organised a full programme of events, starting at 2.30pm when Father Christmas, accompanied by the Carnival Queen Ellie Doubleday, will arrive to a fanfare from the Thomas Mills High School Brass Ensemble.
You may also want to watch:
During the afternoon there will be music from the band, plus Heartaker, Perhaps Contraption, Mrs Sizewell and Her Reactors, and Classy Brass and Sing Out Yoxford. There will be a pheasant plucking competition, festive hook a duck and bottle pull.
The lights will be switched on at 4.30pm followed by fireworks at 5pm in front of the Brudenell Hotel.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
In Halesworth, Santa Claus will be arriving outside the library, on the Thoroughfare, at 4pm.
Following a procession to the White Hart pub, there will be carol singing before Santa switches on the lights at about 4.30pm.
The procession will then carry on to the Market Place, where Essex band Backtrackin’ will be performing until 8pm, with businessess staying open late for festive shopping.
Felixstowe also has a full line-up of entertainment around The Triangle, Hamilton Road, during the afternoon. At 4.40pm children will take part in a candlelight lantern parade before the switch-on at 5pm.