Historian Alison Weir to give talk in Woodbridge
Mrs Weir is best known for her biographies on members of the British royalty and will be giving the talk at the Woodbridge Library.
The event will be hosted by local bookshop, Woodbridge Emporium.
Her talk will be about her book Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen.
Jane Seymour was the third of Henry VIII’s six wives and the book forms part of Mrs Weir’s Six Tudor Queens series, having previously written about Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn, Henry’s previous wives.
Copies of the book will be available at the event for a discounted price with Mrs Weir signing copies after her talk.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the talk cost £10 and include refreshments on the night as well as a ‘surprise’.
The event will take place on June 2 at 7.30pm.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
To book tickets for the event call Woodbridge Emporium on 01394 382382.