Historian Alison Weir to give talk in Woodbridge
Mrs Weir is best known for her biographies on members of the British royalty and will be giving the talk at the Woodbridge Library.
The event will be hosted by local bookshop, Woodbridge Emporium.
Her talk will be about her book Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen.
Jane Seymour was the third of Henry VIII’s six wives and the book forms part of Mrs Weir’s Six Tudor Queens series, having previously written about Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn, Henry’s previous wives.
Copies of the book will be available at the event for a discounted price with Mrs Weir signing copies after her talk.
Tickets for the talk cost £10 and include refreshments on the night as well as a ‘surprise’.
The event will take place on June 2 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 7 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 8 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 9 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
To book tickets for the event call Woodbridge Emporium on 01394 382382.