Trial date set for man accused of attempting to rape 15-year-old
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of attempting to rape a 15-year-old girl in Bury St Edmunds will take place next month.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday for a plea and trial preparation hearing was Shakibul Hussain, 38, of no fixed address.
Hussain pleaded not guilty to attempting to rape the alleged victim and causing or inciting her to engage in sexual activity.
The alleged offences took place in the early hours of Saturday, March 9.
The girl was allegedly approached by a man who suggested she go with him to a nightclub.
She agreed and walked with the man across a car park where she was allegedly sexually assaulted.
The case was adjourned until July 29 when Hussain's trial, which is expected to last four days, will get under way.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
Hussain was remanded in custody.