Trial date set for man accused of attempting to rape 15-year-old
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of attempting to rape a 15-year-old girl in Bury St Edmunds will take place next month.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday for a plea and trial preparation hearing was Shakibul Hussain, 38, of no fixed address.
Hussain pleaded not guilty to attempting to rape the alleged victim and causing or inciting her to engage in sexual activity.
The alleged offences took place in the early hours of Saturday, March 9.
The girl was allegedly approached by a man who suggested she go with him to a nightclub.
You may also want to watch:
She agreed and walked with the man across a car park where she was allegedly sexually assaulted.
The case was adjourned until July 29 when Hussain's trial, which is expected to last four days, will get under way.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Hussain was remanded in custody.