Alton Water reopens services as lockdown is lifted
- Credit: ANGLIAN WATER
Alton Water has reopened some of its services for customers looking for a change of scenery while abiding to social distancing rules.
The site has been closed throughout the lockdown despite parks and beaches being reopened to the public in recent weeks.
In a post on the Alton Water Facebook page, it states: “With the easing of some restrictions some of the park has opened up.
“We have adapted our system to open cycle hire and the lake to day access and members with their own craft.
“Please look out for our social distancing signage when you arrive to come and enjoy the activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The following activities will be available at the site in Holbrook Road, Ipswich.
• Watersports will be limited (day launch only, no hires)
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Matchday Live: Six new signings start as Town host Palace
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
• Mini Golf will be open (numbers restricted)
• Cycle Hire will be open for hires (limited availability each day) and servicing
• Cafes will be offering takeaway food and drink
• Toilets will be open
The children’s playgrounds will remain closed.
Visitors are asked to park in the Anglian Water car parks provided, not in local villages nearby.