Elderly woman waits an hour and sixteen minutes ‘in the cold’ for ambulance after fall
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman who hurt her hip after a fall in Ipswich town centre on Tuesday, waited outside an hour and sixteen minutes for an ambulance to collect her.
East of England Ambulance arrived within their target time for the type of call it was but onlooker, Julia Smith, was outraged: “The poor woman couldn’t walk to somewhere warm because she was in a lot of pain.
“What a shame for her to have to wait out in the cold for this long. It was freezing outside. I even rang the ambulance again myself to try to hurry them up.
“I felt so sorry for her sitting out there, freezing.
“This was an elderly woman, someone who has paid into the system all her life.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance said: “We were called to Jacey’s Coffee House in St Stephen’s lane at 2.32pm and we arrived at 3.48pm.
“It was a 111 call and we were called again on 999. For an non-urgent category three call, we arrived in good time.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
The woman was taken to Ipswich hospital and is thought to be in a stable condition.