The Angel Hotel, that was closed after a police probe, will reopen today with a new name
- Credit: Archant
The Angel Hotel, that closed this week pending a licence review, will reopen today, Friday January 19.
Owner of the Lavenham pub, John Raines, applied for a variation on its designated premises supervisor, meaning a new name will be added so that the pub is able to serve alcohol again.
The name on the application, now approved by the council, is James Michael Rawlinson. The pub, in Market Place, is expected to be open today as normal.
The police submitted a licence review application against the premises after two men were attacked by a man who was carrying “prohibited and offensive weapons” on January 8.
A man in his 50s, from Colchester, has been arrested and released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The police asked for an “expedited” licence review because the pub was “being associated with both serious crime and disorder”.
A decision will be made on January 26.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions