‘I just love her – that’s it really’ – Suffolk couple celebrate 70 years of marriage
- Credit: HEALTHCARE HOMES
A happy couple married for seven decades have celebrated their anniversary at a Woodbridge nursing home.
Jim Froud, who is a resident at Haughgate House Nursing Home, marked the occasion with his wife Mary on November 24.
The 96-year-old World War II veteran, who served as a rear gunner in the Lancaster Bomber, met his future wife in Maidstone, Kent, after being introduced by a friend. They married in 1948 and moved to Suffolk in their later years.
Mr and Mrs Froud celebrated their milestone anniversary with a special party with family, friends and fellow relatives, enjoying a cake specially made by the home.
When asked about the secret to such a long and loving marriage, Mr Froud said: “We’ve had our ups and downs but I just love her – that’s it really.”
You may also want to watch:
Home manager Judith Morgan-Worrall said: “It was wonderful to see Jim and Mary celebrating such a special occasion, surrounded by their loved ones.
“On behalf of everyone at Haughgate House, we’d like to send our heartfelt congratulations on their 70 years of marriage.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash