Annual call for inspiring stories from organisers of district award scheme
Organisers of an award ceremony have launched their annual search for businesses and community initiatives deserving recognition in the Suffolk Coastal district.
Nominations have just opened for the Suffolk Coastal Business and Community Awards 2018, which will reward teamwork, growth, services to the community, health and wellbeing, customer service and tourism success stories.
Each award aims to recognise the contributions, initiatives and successes of businesses, groups and individuals within the Suffolk Coastal district over the past 18 months.
A new award for 2018, sponsored by EDF Energy, will honour the work of innovators in the fields of science, technology, engineering and manufacturing.
The winners will be announced during a black tie awards dinner at The Hangar, Kesgrave Hall, on March 15.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Coastal District Council’s head of customers, communities and leisure, TJ Haworth-Culf said: “We’re expecting this year’s awards to be bigger than ever, as we look to reward more businesses, groups and individuals who are making a real difference in the community.
“This year, we have two new awards, the ‘Food and Drink Retailer of the Year’ and the ‘Big Bang Award’, which looks to recognise those driving the growth of science, technology, engineering and manufacturing in this area.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 10 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
“There’s so much innovation happening in this part of the world, we need the public’s help in finding those who inspire the community and make this a special place to live.”
This year’s sponsors include Christies Care, EB Carpets, EDF Energy, Gotelee Solicitors, Places for People Leisure, Suffolk Places, Ufford Park, and Suffolk Coastal District Council and Suffolk Coastal Norse.
Charles Rowett, chief executive of welcome drinks sponsor Gotelee Solicitors, said: “It’s a real pleasure for us to sponsor the Suffolk Coastal Business and Community Awards for the second time.
“With our new coastal footprint and strong corporate offering to businesses, it’s a no-brainer for us to be sponsoring these awards that reward good business.”
Nominations are open until January 5.
For more information on the awards, or to make a nomination, visit scbca.co.uk