Annual quiz night in Long Melford raises £1,732 for Sudbury’s Kernos Centre
- Credit: Su Anderson
A total of £1,732 has been raised for the Kernos Centre, in Sudbury, thanks to the 11th annual quiz night which was held on Saturday, in Long Melford Village Hall.
The event attracted 140 contestants who took part and organisers said it was the most successful yet.
Chris Boatwright, the clinical director of the counselling charity, said: “The money raised by this annual event means a tremendous amount to us – it allows us to continue to provide much needed counselling to people in our community. A huge thank you to staff and friends of Kernos who worked so tirelessly to make this an exceptional evening.”
And administrator Annabel Wyatt added: “A special thanks must go to Chris Helliwell, the quiz master of the Cock & Bell, in Long Melford, who has once again donated his time, expertise and great sense of humour as master of ceremonies at no cost. He really made the evening into a wonderful fun event, providing a testing selection of great quiz questions.”
Among those supporting Kernos on Saturday were Sudbury Town Mayor, Sarah Page; Sue Ayres, Deputy Town Mayor; and South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team included Kernos volunteers Linda and Peter Kievenaar alongside James Cartlidge and his wife Emily, who agreed to donate their £80 winners’ prize back into the funds raised.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?