Another man from Dorset becomes seventh person arrested in Bury St Edmunds shooting investigation
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A seventh person has been arrested in connection with a shooting in Bury St Edmunds which took place last week.
Dorset Police, who have been assisting Suffolk Constabulary in the investigation, arrested a 51-year-old man from Dorchester this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
He will now be brought to Suffolk for questioning.
On Tuesday last week at 6.45pm police were called to reports a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court. The victim, aged in his thirties, was successfully treated in hospital for his injuries.
A burnt-out car discovered in Rushbrooke Lane at 7.15pm the same evening has also been linked to the investigation following the discovery of a shotgun inside it.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday evening 31-year-old Simon Webber, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, Somerset, was charged with conspiracy to murder.
He appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court this morning where he was remanded in custody and committed to appear before Ipswich Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on August 25.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
Five other people are currently on police bail pending further enquiries in connection with this incident.
They are: A 39-year-old man from Dorchester arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, who has been released on bail until September 25; a 34-year-old man, also from Dorchester, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, who has been released on bail until September 24; a 58-year-old man and two women aged 59 and 28 – all from the Needham Market area – who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and have been released on bail until October 1.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone who believes they witnessed any suspicious behaviour at either Forum Court or Rushbrooke Lane on the evening of the shooting to come forward.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference BU/15/2542, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.