Anti nukes to target Suffolk base
ANTI-nuclear campaigners are to launch a series of fresh protests against Britain's support for US defence policy.The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) will target military bases including RAF Lakenheath for stunts, protests and public meetings.
ANTI-nuclear campaigners are to launch a series of fresh protests against Britain's support for US defence policy.
The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) will target military bases including RAF Lakenheath
for stunts, protests and public meetings.
CND chairwoman Carol Naughton said: "Following the tragic events of September 11 we thought missile defence would have been proved to be redundant. Yet what can clearly be seen is missile defence is part of the Bush administration's dream of US dominance."
You may also want to watch:
CND complained that the defence policy of the US would spark a new arms race rather than improve security.
"With the UK fully backing the plan it further puts this country in the line of fire, further endangering the lives of its citizens,' said Ms Naughton.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
The demonstrations will start on June 4 at Faslane in Scotland and move on to Pickering and Harrogate in Yorkshire, Sheffield, Leicester, Lakenheath, Oxford, Aldermaston and Reading, ending outside the US Embassy in London on June 13.