Police Ap-peel: 750kg of potatoes stolen from Suffolk farm
- Credit: RURAL CRIME SUFFOLK
Officers are trying to get to the root of a theft of approximately three quarters of a tonne of potatoes from a field in Tattingstone.
The spuds were stolen at some point over the weekend, August 3-4.
Sharing an appeal on social media, Rural Crime Suffolk urged farmers to keep an eye out for suspicious activity and consider investing in extra surveillance tools.
A spokesman said: "We are investigating the theft of approx. 3/4 of a tonne of potatoes from a field in Tattingstone over the weekend.
"We are asking farmers to remain vigilant and report suspicious activity to us.
You may also want to watch:
"Consider using trail cameras to monitor field entrances or gateways."
Anyone with information about the theft of the Tattingstone 'taters should contact police on 101.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship