Appeal for stolen bicycle after theft from outside Stowmarket Library
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being asked to help locate a bicycle which was stolen from outside Stowmarket Library.
The theft took place around 1.30pm on Friday, October 13, from outside the library in Milton Road North after the bike was left unattended for a matter of minutes.
The bicycle is described as a custom-made Edison racing cycle, which has a burnt orange frame, with chrome half front forks, dropped bars and an orange bar wrap.
The victim has used the bike to ride thousands of miles to raise money for charity.
Following initial police enquiries, a suspect was identified and a 17-year-old boy from Stowmarket has subsequently been charged with theft of a pedal cycle in connection with this incident. He is due to appear before Ipswich Youth Court on Thursday, November 16.
You may also want to watch:
The bike has not been recovered though and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen it to make contact.
It is believed it may have been discarded in Hollingsworth Road later on in the day on October 13, however this area was searched and it was not located.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Stowmarket Neighbourhood Response Team on 101 quoting reference 67216/17.