Attempted £13,000 gardening scam sparks Police appeal
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Constabulary and Suffolk Trading Standards are appealing for information after a couple of cowboy gardeners almost swindled someone out of £13,000.
Yesterday two men approached a West Ipswich resident and offered gardening services, which the resident accepted.
Once the work was completed, they were paid.
However, the pair also asked for a cheque to the amount of £13,000 which was written, fortunately it was cancelled before it could be cashed.
Suffolk Constabulary Official Page are looking for two white males in their 40s with local accents, one was noticeably taller than the other.
You may also want to watch:
The two men were seen in a black pick-up type vehicle.
If you have any information relating to this information that would be useful to Suffolk police, you can call 101 quoting crime reference 37/51261/18.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
Our advice is to never buy or agree to services at your door, if you are concerned about something you have purchased or have been visited, contact Suffolk Trading standards via 03454 040506 or Suffolk Police on 101.