Power restored to roughly 200 homes across Great Finborough and Haughley
- Credit: Archant
Approximately 200 homes in the Mid Suffolk area were without power between 11.10am and 3.50pm today.
UK Power Networks has fixed a fault with a high voltage cable that caused a power cut this afternoon in Great Finborough, Haughley and Harleston – with customers affected in the IP14 3 and IP30 0 postcodes.
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks said: “We appreciate how difficult it is to be without power in this cold weather and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
The news comes after over 500 homes in the Mid Suffolk area were affected by a similar problem yesterday lunchtime.
Power was lost in areas such as Mendlesham, Wetheringsett, Rishangles and Eye at around midday.
In Essex another 200 customers were without power in the CO12 5 postcode, which covers Little Oakley, Great Oakley and Ramsey areas.
A further 35 homes were without power in Carlton Colville near Lowestoft.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 8 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home