Armed man robs shop
AN ARMED man stole money from a newsagent during a daring daylight robbery.The young robber threatened staff at McColls in Ellenbrook Green, Ipswich, before running away with an undisclosed amount of money.
AN ARMED man stole money from a newsagent during a daring daylight robbery.
The young robber threatened staff at McColls in Ellenbrook Green, Ipswich, before running away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Noone was hurt during the robbery and Suffolk police are appealing for any witnesses to give information about the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The robbery took place at 11.29am on August 24 when a man wearing a crash helmet and carrying a gun entered the shop.
Insp Graham Burch said: ''A white man wearing a crash helmet and black clothing including gloves made off with an amount of money having threatened a shop assistant with a hand gun.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
''He ran across the shop car park towards Belmont Road.''
The man is described as 5ft 8ins tall with a medium build. He is aged in his late teens, about 18 to 19 years old, and wore black clothing.
His black motorcycle helmet had a dark blue pattern above the visor.
Anyone who can help police with their inquiries is asked to contact DC Stuart Colbear at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.