Armed officers called to reports of 10 men fighting in Clarkson Street, Ipswich
Armed police were called to a road in Ipswich yesterday afternoon after reports of a group of around 10 people fighting.
Officers were alerted at around 2.30pm yesterday to the incident in Clarkson Street.
Reports had suggested around 10 people were believed to have been involved, with some carrying items which could be used as weapons, including brick wall masonry.
Armed officers were called but the group were understood to have dispersed before they arrived.
A search involving the police helicopter was also carried out in the area, but no one was found and no arrests were made.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said there had been no reports of any injuries, although some criminal damage to a wall had been reported.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash