Armed police remain in Beccles after reports of a man seen with gun
Armed police are still in Beccles after a man was seen brandishing a gun for a second consecutive day.
Officers were called at 10.10am after members of the public reported seeing the man near The Common.
When seen by members of the public, the man tucked the pistol into his coat and walked away towards Boney’s Island.
Armed response officers were joined by police dogs and a police helicopter as they searched the area.
At about 5.30pm this afternoon a force spokeswoman said armed police remained in the area on standby and enquiries were ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, aged around 25-years-old, about 5ft 9in tall, of average build and wearing a black jacket.
Police were unable to confirm whether the gunman is connected to a similar incident reported in Beccles yesterday. At about 8am armed police were sent to the town after a man was seen holding a gun in a car park. He aimed the gun at another man and ordered him to go into an alley. The man refused and ran off towards Fair Close.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Anyone who may have seen the man is advised not to approach him, and to call police immediately on 999, quoting CAD 109 of June 9.