Armed robber strikes at high street shop
AN armed robber tied up three workers at a major high street store before fleeing with an undisclosed amount of cash.Suffolk Police were called to the Woolworths store in High Street, Haverhill, at 7.20am.
AN armed robber tied up three workers at a major high street store before fleeing with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Suffolk Police were called to the Woolworths store in High Street, Haverhill, at 7.20am on Monday morning after one of the workers broke free of the restraints and raised the alarm.
Police are now hunting a man who entered the store wearing a balaclava, jeans, a dark coloured jacket, trainers and carrying a rucksack. He is thought to have been armed with a handgun.
Nobody was injured in the raid and anybody with information about the robbery is asked to contact the police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story, read Tuesday's EADT.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed