Crowbar assault comes to abrupt end when car crashes into parked vehicles
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man was assaulted with a crowbar during an altercation in a moving car in Essex.
The attack came to an abrupt end when the car crashed into a parked vehicles, police said.
A 31-year-old man from London has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) in connection with the incident, which took place yesterday.
A 26-year-old man was allegedly assaulted with a crowbar, sustaining an injury to the back of his head. He also needed stitches above one of his eyes.
The assault took place in a Silver Ford Fiesta, as it drove from Gorse Lane industrial estate in Clacton-on-Sea, to Thorpe-le-Soken.
You may also want to watch:
The fight began at 4pm and ended at around 4.40pm, when the Fiesta collided with parked vehicles in Sneating Hall Lane, Thorpe-le-Soken.
As the altercation played out, the car stopped at various locations, including outside the Scout hut in Frinton Road, Thorpe-le-Soken.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Detective Sergeant Dan Jeffries, from Clacton Criminal Investigations Department, said: “Nobody else was injured during this incident, however this could have been a very different story due to the fact that the assault happened as the car was in motion.
“The motivation behind the attack at this stage is unclear, and a man arrested on suspicion of GBH, remains in police custody for questioning.
“Please call us if you saw the silver Ford Fiesta yesterday. We are particularly keen to hear from any members of the public who may have dash cam footage of the car, as it travelled from Clacton to Thorpe-le-Soken.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ds Jeffries on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.