CCTV image released after brutal attack on train
- Credit: Archant
Police believe that the man in this CCTV image may have information about a vicious attack on a train that was headed for Colchester.
A man was taken to hospital after the assault, which left him unconscious.
The man, who is in his 50s, was attacked while on a train from London Liverpool Street to Colchester.
He was waiting for the toilet when he was punched in the head by another passenger.
He fell to the ground, where the attacker then stomped on his head.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the attack, the victim was left unconscious and required and overnight stay in hospital.
He sustained a number of bruises to his head, legs and arms.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
The assault happened onboard a Greater Anglia service which had just departed Liverpool Street station.
Officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) believe the man shown in this CCTV image may have information which could help them investigate the incident.
They are asking anyone with information about the attack to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 31 of 10/11/2018.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.