Man arrested on suspicion of GBH after 19-year-old stabbed
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A 19-year-old remains in hospital in a serious condition after being stabbed in Chelmsford yesterday, with detectives arresting a man on suspicion of GBH.
Officers investigating the attempted murder in Galleywood have arrested a 19-year-old man this morning, Wednesday 3 June.
The arrest comes after a 19-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious injuries following an assault in Chelmer Park, Galleywood, at around 4.50pm on Tuesday, June 2.
More: Young man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after being stabbedA Section 60 was put in place yesterday evening in the surrounding area, giving officers the additional powers to stop-and-search.
It’s essentially an extension of the stop and search powers officers already use but differs because it means officers do not need to have reasonable grounds to stop someone.
A 19-year old man has been arrested in Chelmsford on suspicion of GBH, where he remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to please call us on 101 quoting incident 945 of Tuesday 2 June.
Information can also be given completely anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns